Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Memories













Grandma fell down.

After I quit the phone call from Yoshie-san, I explained the situation to Mizuki and flew out to "Delivery Works."

Grandma fell down on her way to a patients house where she was going to deliver a medicine she had prescribed, and she was taken to the "Delivery Works" which happened to be near.













Anyway...... I ran at full speed.

My heart was about to explode and I was out of breath.

My whole body was tense, my fingers and toes were tingling.













Grandma has collapsed from overwork before.

The reason was..... me. It was because I only made her worry all the time.

I really regretted that time.

When I thought of really losing grandma, I was so scared it made me tremble.

I didn't want to think about it ever again. Never again.














"...........gh, ............., ...............!"




Hurry, hurry to grandma..........

Grandma...........!













Grandma: "You people are totally exaggerating."













.......... That's what grandma said first.

When I rushed into "Delivery Works", grandma was leaning back in a chair.

Seeing that...... I almost collapsed on the spot.

Grandma had certainly fell down.

But, she couldn't move at all......... in other words, she had a dislocated hip.

Apparently Yoshie-san who made the call had seen grandma in pain, and had been frightened to death.

As soon as I entered the shop, she apologized earnestly with "I'm so sorryyyy."

Honestly, I was disappointed but....... I was relieved it was nothing serious.

What a relief......













That said, grandma couldn't walk so I had to carry her home.













Grandma: "Really, you people are exaggerating."

Aoba: "..................."

Grandma complained about the same thing as earlier on my back.

I was walking towards home slowly to avoid any shaking.

Aoba: "It can't be helped. Everyone's worried about you, grandma. Me too."

Grandma: "I'm still healthy enough."

Aoba: "I know that well but still."













Behind us, Ren followed tapping with his small legs.













Grandma: "When I can't move a little you treat me like I'm going to die right away."

Aoba: "Owowow. Don't kick me. Anyway, let's go to the hospital tomorrow? Okay?"

Since grandma rioted thoughtlessly for her age, I was afraid I would drop her.

And...... grandma was light.

I didn't have a large image of her originally, but was she this small?

This was the first time I carried grandma on my back.













Aoba: "You used to carry me on your back a lot before."

Grandma: "Hmm?"

Aoba: "No, I was talking about the past. I kind of remembered."

Grandma: "............Hmph. Because you often went somewhere by yourself."

Aoba: "By myself?"

Grandma: "Yes. When I wasn't looking for a moment, you were gone in no time."

Aoba: "Is that so. I can't remember at all."

Grandma: "I would be lonely."

Aoba: "Lonely? Why?"

Grandma: "Because when you began to go out by yourself, it started when your parents were gone."

Aoba: "Aa......"

I see.

I remember only hazy outlines of my parents.

But, I remember the times when grandma carried me on her back.

It was warm and smelled like grandma, I was relieved.

Grandma: "Well you were small back then, I won't blame you. And now you've grown foolishly big."

Aoba: "About that. At this age it's expected to have changed from childhood."

Grandma: "Nobody is saying such a thing."

Aoba: "Grandma, could you carry me on your back like in the old days? A challenge for the healthy us?"

Grandma: "Don't spout nonsense. Are you trying to kill me."

Aoba: "It was a joke."

Grandma: "Hmph."













Aoba: "..............Grandma."

Grandma: "What is it?"

Aoba: "You're light."

Grandma: "Shut up, you!"

Kop!

Aoba: "Ouch!"

I was slapped hard on the head.

But for some reason I began to feel joyful and I smiled secretly.

It was such a relief that grandma was safe.

When I think that this noisiness and hitting would be gone, I feel lonely.

While feeling grandmas temperature on my back, I walked the darkening road silently.




NEXT: A Burglar?!








No comments:

Post a Comment