Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Rhyme













After Mizuki's figure disappeared completely, I turned my face to the direction which everybody was running to.

I don't hate Rhyme like Mizuki does, but I'm not very interested in it either.

If you meet Mizuki for the first time and have that conversation with him, you'll be likely to profusely dislike it.














"What's the matter?"





"It's nothing. Let's continue."




I patted Ren's head, and began to walk in the noisy alley.

Then....













Suddenly, I was wrapped in a white light.



"......?"















A mass of light appeared in front of me when I stopped to see what happened.

It gradually took a human form, and extended it's hand towards me.

It's fingertips brushed my cheek and.... it vanished.














"Eh....."




While I was thinking what the hell was that, suddenly lots of people swarmed.



"E...........Eh? Uwah!"




I was mobbed by an excited group. At this rate I can't slip out.....!














"Usui! Usui!"















There was a large circle of light floating on the ground, and what appeared there was....













A body of a woman with multiple arms swayed slowly, and stopped.













"Now, sorry to have kept you waiting, everyone! Rhyme is starting now!"















"The first battle of today is between Rhyme name 'Player' and 'Route 44'!"

... This is Rhyme.

I've seen it several times at a distance, but this is the first time I'm seeing it so close.













What appeared with the light was the symbol and referee of Rhyme, Usui.

A deep voice echoed in contradiction with the appearance.













While brightening the light and swaying two hands, a huge virtual monitor appeared over her head.

The audience can watch the state of the game from that monitor.













The participants were already standing at both sides of Usui and were doing settings on their Allmates.

"Can the newcomer successfully break a winning streak!? Or.....!?

"Okay, 'Player' seems to have finished with his preparations! 'Route 44'.... are you soon OK too?"

"Both seem to be finished! Well then, let's start already! GAME......... START!!!"













Usui which smiled raised a hand with a graceful movement opposite to the voice.

The monitor emitted a white light, and projected the field.

The audience boiled and hooted unanimously.



".....gh...."




Suddenly a sharp headache ran.



"............."




I held my forehead and my gaze wandered.

What? Because the audience was so loud?



"Aoba, are you alright?"





"..........Yeah, I'm fine. But let's go now."





"That would be for the best."















Passing somewhat forcibly between the spectators who were absorbed in Rhyme, I slipped out from the mountain of onlookers.













I leaned on a nearby wall, exhaled and looked down.



"...........?"















......... Somebody came?













When I looked up, there stood a familiar duo.

"Good evening."

"Yahhoo."

"What's the matter? Are you not feeling well?"

"Did you start to feel sick from being in a crowd?"



"You two........"






"Yeah, that might be the case...."




The one with the glasses is Virus, and the powerfully built one is Trip. I've known these two for quite a long time.














"Aoba, how are you feeling?"





"So so, I'll be fine.




Virus: "What are you doing in a place like this? It's rare for you to be at Rhyme."



"No, there's no particular reason."
















Virus: "Could it be you became interested?"



"Not at all."




Trip: "Did you just absent-mindedly wind up here?"



"Did not. And you two too, what are you wandering here for."




Virus: "We are here because of work."

Trip: "Because recently, Rhymers frolic a little too much."

Though there were some so-called dangerous associations in the old resident district, these two were members.

I got acquainted with them far in the past, I was in my 10s and did stupid things.

Without going home I spent all my time in western districts Wanibashi, and for some reason I was always irritated.

Because I was living like that, once I made a mistake in a fight and encountered a person who wanted revenge, and was sent to hospital.

It's embarrassing even to remember......

Currently only these guys and grandma know of those days.

At one time we became estranged, but we began contacting each other again a few years ago.

I had become a part-time jobber, and they had joined yakuza.

Saying that, here the police are like yakuza so I don't think much of it.





"Anyways, you two are looking as similiar as always. Like twins."















Virus: "We are not twins."
Trip: "We're not twins."

Virus: "Aoba-san, is your work going smoothly?"













Trip: "Aaa, you worked at an ice cream shop? The one with the penguin aprons. Didn't you get fired after one day?"



"Not one, three days. Now I'm a salesclerk at a junk shop."















"Aa, what was it. 'Byoudou'?"



"'Heibon'. I've worked there for quite a long time."















Virus: "That naming doesn't quite fit you, Aoba-san. Well if you want to behave violently again, call us anytime."

Virus: "We are fairly prosperous, so I'd recommend it."



"Haha.... I'll accept only your thoughts."




Virus: "I still often think that I'd like to see Aoba-san's fighting again."

Trip: "That's right, because we're Aoba-san's fans."


"Oh my, 'Route 44' takes 250 damage!! Is it finally the climax!?"





The excitement of the audience reached the peak at the Rhyme broadcasting of Usui.

Then......

"Hey you hooligans!!!"

A voice entered dividing the enthusiastic atmosphere.













Accompanied by police officers was the megaphone holding, evil eyed detective, Akushima.



"Aa, a noisy one has arrived."















Akushima: "Don't go making a fuss here!!! All of you are under arrest!!!"

The figure of Usui disappeared like smoke and the Rhyme was suspended. The participants and the spectators escaped in all directions.

Akushima. He's a detective who abuses his authority and does whatever he wants to do.

Victims who have been arrested or received abuse by this guy on false charges are countless.

According to his haggard appearance, he is called the god of death of the old resident district.













Virus: "Better flee from here. You hurry too, Aoba-san."



"Yeah."




Trip: "Bye bye, Aoba."














"Wait you idiooots!!! Don't run awaaaay!!! We're gonna arrest every shithead heeeeeeere!!!!!"














I began to run immediately so that I wouldn't get caught by the shouting of Akushima who was about to pop a blood vessel.













For the time being I proceeded to Aoyagi street.














"!"
















".........gh."




I almost hit a motorbike when I turned at the corner while running.

I rolled on the ground suddenly.



"................."















I looked up at the bike in an absent sort of way.

Only the eyes were turned to me.

........ when I saw those eyes, chills ran for some reason.













The man said nothing, and took off with his bike again.














"! ....... Oi!"




Although I stood up with a hurry, it was too late.

The motorbike raised a roaring sound and ran away the street in a twinkling of an eye.



"...................."




That bastard.......!

He almost caused a traffic accident, and he didn't even apologize for having almost run over a person, either.

This was not uncommon in this town, but I was still angry.

I shuddered when I thought that I could be run over by such a guy.



"Aoba, are you alright?"





"Yeah, just barely. But it was close."





"Good that you are safe."





"Really."




My anger calmed down a little by the words of worried Ren.

Well since I was safe, let's settle for this......

I changed my mood and begun to walk the way to home.




NEXT: Home sweet home







No comments:

Post a Comment